I Am Crystal Nicole: Fitness Friday + Fitness Challenge

 

Hello Hello Friends, its #FitnessFriday!

Plus WE made it. Week One, Woooo. Done! How are y'all feeling?

Let's chat fitness.I wanted to share my #Top5 ideas for workouts, if you are like me and need variety. Boxing. Cycling. Rebounding. Taebo. Kinrgy. Oh my! Five of my favorite ways to burn calories and blow off some steam!

Boxing, is a great way to relieve stress, plus build up those guns. Which is what I typically use this exercise for. After a workout, you definitely walk away confident, calm and in control feeling like Muhammad Ali 😉 Plus, love my pink Everlast boxing gloves.You can also purchase a boxing bag for your home so you can hit the bag anytime you choose in between Boxercize (workout classes based on training methods used by boxers).

Cycling, is one of my newer exercise ideas. I like the spin classes, for the energy - typically always awesome music playing. SoulCycle owned by Equinox is the most well-known global brand. However, a quick Google search and you will find a list of local spin brands in your area that offer classes. The Peloton and NordicTrack are wildly popular for home gyms and the list keeps growing. Even today, I got an email from Women's Health they too now have a bike. P.S. if you have Spotify, Soul Cycle has multiple music playlists you can use, bring the party to your living room!

Rebounding, is an energetic, exercise, which I really love - with tons of heath benefits. I mostly enjoy jumping up and down. LOL. Plus, great for multi-tasking. You can rebound for 15-20 minutes, catch your favorite show or podcast all while jumping your way into releasing weight. Its great in the AM or to combat the mid-afternoon slump. 

Taebo, is a fun exercise method founded by Billy Blanks. Think martial arts meets boxing and kickboxing. When you are taking a class, the focus is incredible. You feel like Billy is talking to you. Encouraging you to keep going. Its inspiring.Take these classes a few days a week you will feel like you can slay anything!

Kinrgy, is a fitness platform for your Mind, Body and Soul founded by Julianne Hough. If you are looking for Dance + Fitness this is a fabulously fun way to MOVE. BREATHE. IMAGINE, as Julianne would say. You must check out a class and her fitness movement. The creative moves the instructors have you do, mirroring the elements of Fire, Wind, Air and Earth is wild!

And the list goes on, no matter which way you choose to be FIT. It all works. Even a simple walk burns calories, very meditative and great way to explore your local neighborhood. Hiking is great for a group outing to take in mother nature all while getting a workout. 

As always, my final thoughts, a word of wisdom, a bit of inspiration and motivation for your evening journal prompt. Mind Body and Soul that is what being FIT is all about. You don't have to just run on a treadmill, for 45 minutes and hit a random number of calories to feel satisfied and lose weight. You won't stay motivated that way. It's a mental game. One of my favorite life coaches, Louise Hay says we gain weight out of fear, insecurity and the feeling of not being good of enough. The weight gain is inevitably for protection. And once we find the source of that fear, the weight will disappear. It was a very interesting concept. This is why we have to live life to the fullest. Create a lifestyle we can maintain and achieve without the guilt and shame. You my friend, are beautiful and the scale does not dictate that fact.

I will talk more about Louise and her teachings in the coming weeks. Stay tuned. 

Last but not least, to end on a fun note. Notice my FUN plug (its #FunFriday) I thought this quote below was simple yet powerful. What exercises are you going to experiment with to build up your fitness bank account? Can you say Cha Ching!

Until tomorrow, lovelies. #Day7 #BlogBoost. 

XOXO,

CNJ

Comments

  1. I love daily walks, rides on my bike and Street Strider!! All amazing mood boosters, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts